Adult Protection Services - For at risk adults over 18 years of age
- At-risk adults 18 years of age and older who are unable to protect their own interest and who are:
- In need of assessment for protection or in need of short-term services due to a report of actual or potential neglect, abuse or exploitation.
- In need of ongoing protection as the result of documented evidence of neglect, abuse or exploitation. Such at-risk adults shall receive protective services for as long as the possibility of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation continues.
- At risk adults for whom the county department has guardianship or conservatorship.
- At-risk adults for whom the county department is a representative payee.
- Residents of long-term care facilities (nursing homes, alternative care facilities, adult foster care boarding homes) who must be relocated due to the closure of the facility.
Reports of known or suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of an at-risk adult may be made:
During Normal Business Hours:
Ask for Adult Protection
To Report An Emergency After Hours, Holidays and Weekends:
Ask for the On-call Adult Protection Social Worker