Child Welfare Mission Statement
" We believe that all children have the right to live in a permanent, safe and stable home, while preserving the rights of the children by respectfully providing the services necessary to strengthen, empower and educate families."
Child Welfare offers casework and case management to children (0-18 years) and their families who meet specific program requirements in the following areas:
- Youth in Conflict
- Children and youth who are beyond the control of their parents or guardians.
- Children and youth whose behavior is such that there is a likelihood they may cause harm to themselves or to others or who have committed acts that could cause them to be adjudicated a delinquent child by the courts.
- Children in Need of Protection
- Children whose physical, mental or emotional well-being has been threatened or harmed due to abuse or neglect.
- Children who are subjected to circumstances in which there is a reasonable likelihood that they are at risk of harm due to abuse or neglect by their parents or caretakers which shall include children who are alleged to be responsible for the abuse or neglect and are under the age of 10.
- Children in Need of Specialized Services
- Children with subsidized adoption.
- Children with Medicaid Only services.
- Children whose disposition is no longer for reunification.
The Department accepts reports of known or suspected abuse or neglect 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. To make a report call:
- During normal business hours: (719) 275-2318, ask for Child Welfare.
- To report emergencies after hours , holidays and weekends: (719) 285-2000, ask for the on-call child welfare social worker