Fremont County operates on a fiscal year beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.
Functions of the Finance Department include:
- Timely payment to vendors supplying goods and/or services to all Fremont County departments (Accounts Payable).
- Preparation and coordination of adoption of the annual county budget and property tax mill levy to be applied to assessed property values.
- Monitoring of actual revenues and expenditures with comparison to the approved annual budget.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports to all county departments including review with the Board of County Commissioners on the over-all financial status of the county.
- Preparation of comprehensive annual financial statements of all county funds for review and opinion of the independent county auditor.
Presented to the BOCC on November 22, 2016
The 2017 Budget was formally adopted by the Fremont County Commissioners on December 20, 2016.
|Through February 2017|