You are here

Concealed Handgun Permits

General Information

All permits applications (new and renewal) will be completed online through a special computerized system called “Permitium.” The concealed handgun permit application process will still be administered through the Sheriff's office.

How to apply for your Concealed Handgun Permit

To begin the application process for a concealed handgun permit (new or renewal) you may submit an application online or apply in person. Both methods will use the online application program. You will create an account with a login name and password to start the application process.


Click here to access the online application forms.

Payment can be made on-line with a credit or debit card (there will be a $4.00 convenience fee plus a credit card processing fee). Note: no portion of the convenience fee is received by the Sheriff’s Office.

In Person:

If you prefer to pay by cash or check, applicants need to complete their online application through the kiosk which is located at the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office, Administration Reception window. The kiosk is available Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm during normal business hours. Fees must be paid at the reception window before your appointment will be confirmed and scheduled.  

Concealed Handgun Permit Status Change Process Information on how to submit a change of Address, Name Change or report your permit lost, Stolen, or Destroyed
CHP Status Change Form If you need to change your name or address, or report your permit lost or stolen, please complete this form.
Proof of Residency Documentation accepted for Proof of Residency.
CHP statute information


Some states may honor your permit, as this information is determined it will be posted/updated on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation’s Concealed Handgun Permit Reciprocity page.

**If you have additional questions, please contact the CHP Coordinator at 719-276-5524.